February 12, 2013 by resparkleyourworld
If you have not planned anything for Valentines day tomorrow, don’t panic! Here’s a simple and fun exercise you can do with your partner/spouse that would keep the romance burning way past V-day. All you need is an old jam jar and a pinch of creativity to create a Date Night Jar.
In our busy lives of running a home, running a career/business, running after kids, running to the grocers so your family doesn’t live on peanut-butter sandwiches, it’s so easy to forget to spend quality time with your other half. Yes, you might have tried the whole once a month date night thing but if you’re anything like me, thinking of fresh ideas for date nights can often become a drag. Date nights may soon evolve into another dinner-on-couch-watch-a-dvd night.
So this Valentines Day, we both decided we would create a Date Night Jar together. We will fill up a jar with little notes of fun & practical ideas that we would like to do once a month. On the morning of each scheduled date night, we just have to do whatever we draw from the jar! Now we would have something to look forward to every month, a welcomed break of together time in our hectic lives.
To help you get started, here’s 2 lovely date night jar labels you can download. They’re designed by a very talented Shannon Morton from http://www.shannonmorton.com.au. You just have to print it on a A4 sized paper, cut the labels out and stick it onto a reused jar.
Here’s 10 date night ideas to get you inspired ranging from silly to sweet to raunchy. Please share any date night ideas you might have.
1. Have a Carpet Picnic (great for winter date nights). Spread your picnic rug in your living room, layout a picnic basket & wine. Don’t be tempted to switch on the telly though! Instead spend time having a conversation.
2. DIY Beer Garden. Spend the day scouring the shops for unusual beers and create your own beer garden with finger foods right at home.
3. Ice-cream for dinner – Make the CRAZIEST BIGGEST ice cream sundae together & have it for dinner!
4. Invest in a ice-cream machine and get whacky with flavours. Beer & chocolate ice-cream anyone?
5. Hit the local video arcade together
6. Fly a kite, play frisbees, or any game you used to play as a kid.
7. Go to a luxury car dealer, test drive your dream machines & pretend you’re gonna buy it
8. Go on a spontaneous road trip. Don’t plan, just drive to where ever your heart takes you. Spend the night at the first available bed & breakfast.
9. Play hooky from work and check into a city hotel 😉
10. Give each other a $10 budget and make the most romantic dish you can.
So there you have it, a creative way to reuse a old jam jar that would spice up your couple hood for the rest of the year!